TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Who are we;
- Information Collected or Received;
- Third Party Links;
- Use of information;
- Information sharing;
- The General Data Protection Law – LGPD;
- Storage of personal data;
- Data localization and retention;
- Your rights and choices;
- Children’s privacy;
- Changes to this document and contact details.
1. WHO ARE WEThe Arapyaú Institute is a non-profit entity committed to promoting sustainable development. We operate on two priority fronts: Climate Change and Territorial Development in southern Bahia. Our work aims to favor the collective construction of solutions and strengthen the capacity for action and innovation of groups and organizations that seek to promote sustainability in all its dimensions – environmental, economic and social.
2. INFORMATION COLLECTED OR RECEIVEDThe Instituto Arapyaú may collect and process information that you send us by email, through the contact form on our website or through other existing forms of communication. We may keep records of any correspondence you exchange with us. In addition, we collect details of your visits to our website and resources that you access. We may also collect, use and share Aggregate Data, such as statistical or demographic data. Aggregate Data may be derived from your personal data, but it is not considered personal data by law, as it does not express your direct or express identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific site feature. Information for donations: data necessary for registering and processing donations, including name, CPF, e-mail, telephone and data necessary for the payment method chosen by the donor. When the payment method chosen is a card , the card number, validation and CVV (security/verification code) are collected. This data is collected and sent for transaction processing. Only the first 6 and last 4 digits are stored so that your transaction can be identified. When the payment method chosen is a debit account , the bank, branch and account number of the donor are collected. When the means of payment is a bank slip, address data is collected. The Instituto Arapyaú does not have access to your bank or bank account, but if you adhere to your bank’s DDA, the bank slip may appear on your list of payments to be made on your bank’s digital platform. In any case, the donation slip has no implications for the person who does not make the payment.
3. THIRD-PARTY LINKSThis website may include links to third party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on these links or activating these connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party sites and are not responsible for their privacy policies. When leaving our website, we recommend that you carefully read carefully review the privacy policies of the websites you visit.
4. USE OF INFORMATIONThe Instituto Arapyaú may access and use the information it collects when necessary: (a) to process a donation with the banking system, (b) to carry out a campaign to prospect new supporters, (c) to digital marketing related to cause-raising or other fundraising campaigns, (d) to improve the services offered, (e) to detect, prevent, or address situations related to fraud, misuse, information security or technical issues, ( f) to carry out registrations and establish a relationship of interest to you. Some examples: register your intention to donate; send the data to the bank to issue a bank slip, send a confirmation of your donation; send information about other ways to donate, including by mail; conduct research and analyses. The Arapyaú Institute also collects and stores information necessary to comply with tax and legal obligations. If you no longer wish to receive advertisements from Instituto Arapyaú, you can opt-out, that is, opt out of our information bases related to the sending of this type of marketing.
5. INFORMATION SHARINGYour privacy is very important to us! Therefore, we do not share your information, except for the people mentioned in this term: (a) third-party service providers and employees; (b) business partners; (c) bodies provided for by law. Service providers and employees only have access to the information necessary to carry out the purposes set out herein. These transfers are under the protection of adequate contracts and within the requirements of the legislation in force. Examples of how we may share information with service providers: processing donations; fraud prevention service providers and cloud computing infrastructure. The sharing of information for legal reasons includes judicial or agency notifications that request it and that in good faith the Instituto Arapyaú believes that they are necessary to protect its rights, its safety, to investigate a fraud or to respond to an administrative request from the Government. We demand that all third parties respect the security of your personal data and treat them in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and we only allow them to process your personal data for specific purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
6. GENERAL DATA PROTECTION LAW – LGPDThe Arapyaú Institute will have access to your personal data and may store, use or share them. These data comprise your personal information obtained by completing the registration. The Instituto Arapyaú will observe the rules of the LGPD, in particular that, through this acceptance, your consent to the provision of data, was made freely, informed and unequivocal. In addition, the actions carried out by Instituto Arapyaú will be carried out in compliance with the principles of purpose, adequacy, transparency, free access, security, prevention and non-discrimination in the treatment and storage of data collected. The Instituto Arapyaú undertakes to protect the data provided, under the terms of the Law, using them only for the purposes of the organization, including mobilization and fundraising purposes, being able to send mailings, invitations to events, disclosure of campaigns and projects, undertaking not to disclose or sell, under any circumstances, to third parties. The Arapyaú Institute defends and supports the policy of good practices on the internet, safeguarding the privacy of users and secrecy. By using this site and completing the registration form Instituto Arapyaú, you declare that you agree and consent to the terms described herein.
7. STORAGE OF PERSONAL DATATo determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, and the purposes for which we process your personal data, and we may achieve these purposes through other means and by applicable legal requirements. In some circumstances, you can ask us to delete your data.
9. COMMUNICATIONThe Instituto Arapyaúmay need to contact you for a number of reasons, including:
- Respond to your requests or questions. If you contact us with an issue or question, we will use your information to respond.
- Send you emails, SMSs or other messages about services, donations, or other relationships that you may have with the Arapyaú Institute. These communications are considered necessary for the provision of services and therefore there is no option to stop receiving them (opt-out).
- Send you emails, SMSs, or other messages that we would like you to know about our activities, forms of donation and other institutional activities in which we have a legitimate interest. You have the right to stop receiving these messages using the opt-out option.
- Conduct research, to improve our services and the experience of our donors or potential donors (prospects).
10. DATA LOCATION AND RETENTIONWe retain a limited number of personal data, necessary to fulfill the purposes for which they are intended, comply with legal or contractual obligations, resolve doubts and conflicts, which may be anonymized at the request of the holder. After the necessary period, the data is deleted or anonymized, in accordance with the Information Security procedures of the Arapyaú Institute and contractual rules.
11. YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICESOur donors, patients, volunteers, suppliers and other collaborators can (and should) always update their personal information, contacting us through the channels made available by the institution. When requested by you, Instituto Arapyaú will inform you which information about you is processed, whether it is filed internally or has been shared with third parties. You can also ask:
- What and why do we hold your personal information;
- How the information was obtained;
- What was done with your personal information;
- Who we share your information with;
- What safeguards we have in place to protect your personal information;
- How long your personal information will be retained at the institution.
- Confirmation and information about the processing of your data;
- Easy access to the data that has been collected;
- The anonymization, blocking or deletion of your data;
- The revocation at any time of the consent previously granted;
- The correction of incomplete, inaccurate or outdated data;
- The portability of personal data to another service or product provider.